“All you need is love but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
~ Charles M. Shulz
Hello, Beautiful Reader ~
Today I’m going to share with you a recipe I feel you’ll adore. It’s a delicious vegan recipe for chocolate chip cookies. And, even if you aren’t a practicing vegan, you’ll love it. This is a hit with my children, which speaks volumes.
I’ve made this many times and they’ve always come out yummily. Then, just recently, I bought some new cookie sheets…game changer! I had no idea how the quality of your baking sheets directly affects the outcome of your creation. Hmmm…methinks there’s a hidden metaphor in what I just wrote…
Back to the cookie sheet discovery, these are the one’s I used. They’re nothing short of magical! This is not an ad; I’m not a paid sponsor…just sharing from the heart so you can up your cookie-making game.
If you’re feeling enchanting and would like to charm the dreaminess of the chocolate up a notch, simply sprinkle a little magic on the cookies in the form of fleur de sel (flower of salt) or any flaky sea salt such as Maldon.
So, without further ado, here’s the recipe:
- Cream together the liquid coconut oil and brown sugar, then add the milk alternative & vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate morsels and any other mix-ins of your choosing.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet, then flatten them out a bit with your palm.
- If you fancy, sprinkle the unbaked cookies with fleur de sel.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
* A litte note about the chocolate chips: Semi-sweet chocolate chips are fine, if you cannot find dark chocolate. And use the whole bag! Why not? For this batch of cookies, I used my daughter’s fave which can be found here.
(See the original recipe here.)
With So Much Love, Angela ~ xoxox